Saturday, September 17, 2011

Review: Forks Over Knives

Tonight I was invited to a Raw Food restaurant.  Intrigued, I went. Upon arrival, our friend who invited us handed us a copy of Forks Over Knives and swore it would change our lives.
I've had this documentary on my wish list on Net Flix for a few months, waiting for it to come out. Now I can remove it.  After dinner I went to my other friends house and we watched it (such a healthy evening!)
It was very good, very informative.  It continues to amaze me how food controls our health. It makes sense - you are what you eat - and all, but still...
Much of what I saw I've heard of before, like the China Study, the good doctors and their amazing work, the plant based diet.  I would rate this a must watch, as long as you understand its not as entertaining as Food Inc or King Corn. It is just as important.
As for the raw food experience, more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment