Monday, September 19, 2011

The Evils of High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) Part 1

I really hate the stupid commercial "Corn sugar is sugar".  BULL-PUCKY (as my mama used to say).  First of all, sugar SHOULD come from a sugar cane plant, on a plantation, in a tropical place like, oh let's say Hawaii.  Have you ever tasted sugar cane?  Mmmmmm....

Sugar should be pure, and unprocessed, and it certainly should not be white.

Sugar should NOT come from Genetically Modified (GMO) Corn plants in the midwest.  Sugar should not come from GMO Sugar Beets either.  What these products make is High Fructose Corn Syrup, and it's just plain wrong.

Personl experiment - Give up Diet Soda.  Gave it up fine, but immediatly went to the HFCS variety (otherwise known as fully leaded).  I lost 5 pounds giving up the other fake sugar, but gained it back with HFCS - and then some.  Discovered that both "diet" soda and full octane soda adds pounds and makes you hungry and crave more.

New experiment - Give up HFCS Sodas.  Amazing.  My weight dropped TEN POUNDS!!!!  From time to time I treat myself to Blue Sky Root Beer, made with Cane Sugar.  It's now a treat, not a daily craving.  In fact, all I crave now are bubbles, which I get with my seltzer waters (I love lime La Croix and Polar brands.)  And I drink a heck of a lot more regular old water. Crave it even.  Hmmm, I have a lot of cravings...

So that "Corn sugar is sugar" crapolla is just that.  Thank goodness we have people looking out for us.  Today I saw this article on the Ban of High Fructose Corn Syrup's Facebook page.  In part it reads:

"The Food and Drug Administration has cautioned the corn industry over its ongoing use of the term "corn sugar" to describe high fructose corn syrup, asking them to stop using the proposed new name before it has received regulatory approval, The Associated Press has learned."

View the full article for the nitty gritty, and I hope that the continued pressure on the FDA will do away with this latest attempt to continue poisoning our country.

'nuff said!  Join the fight at http://www.stopcornsugarnow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment