Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Veg Pledge 2012


I have taken the Veg Pledge!  Seven days, all veg.  No meat.  No meat products.  Wow.  I've been meat free 3-4 days a week, but a whole week?  What was I thinking??? 

Day one was yesterday, and I did good.  I had a huge "taco salad" with greens, tomato, avocado, veg refried beans, vegan sour cream, black pepper, and blue corn tortilla chips.  It was quite tasty!  For dinner I had a Budda Roll and Miso Soup from the neighborhood Japanese place.  Budda Roll was on the "vegetarian" list of rolls, and was shitake mushroom, carrot, and avocado wrapped in seaweed and white rice.  OK, so brown would be better, but I like white rice!

Today is Day 2.  I've had the same taco salad, and a few french fries.  They were good, and they were handy.  For dinner I'm planning a trip to Pei Wei, where I can get something noodly or ricey.  Their Thai Basil Chicken (with tofu instead of chicken) is amazing.  Their Bangkok Noodles are yummy (without onions or chicken).  And I'm told they have a good new salad that is quite tasty.  So one of those will be my dinner.

Tomorrow is a trip to the Taco Bus.  This lunch was scheduled before I took the pledge, so we'll see how creative I get...  I am bound and determined to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment